Auto Accidents


Hire Our Personal Injury Attorney in Guntersville, AL

If you have suffered a personal injury there may be many obstacles for you to overcome in addition to your physical and mental injuries. We would like to help you through this difficult time by evaluating your specific circumstances and helping you get the results you deserve.

We have experience dealing with insurance companies and would love to put our experience to work for you. Whether you have been injured in a car wreck, suffered a workplace accident, been a victim of product liability, or been otherwise injured we would love to put our legal experience to work for you. Call us today to set up a free consultation.

Auto Accidents Can Be Very Frustrating

Auto Accidents Can Be Very Frustrating

WHAT DO I DO IF I AM INVOLVED IN A CAR WRECK OR AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT? If you are involved in an automobile accident here are some things that you can do that will be beneficial to you and your potential case.

  • Remain Calm

Becoming upset because of an accident may lead to emotional decisions that may create additional problems for those involved. It is important to try to remain calm and stay at the scene of the accident. Do not make statements admitting fault or negligence.

  • Notify the Police & Seek Emergency Medical Services if Needed

You will need to contact the local authorities to report the accident and request emergency medical services if the accident involves injuries that will require medical treatment. Many times after an accident a victim may think that they have not sustained any injuries just to have the symptoms of the injuries appear several days after the accident. It is always best to be evaluated by a medical professional after an accident to make sure that any injuries that were sustained in the accident are discovered, treated, and documented.  Local law enforcement will need to report to the scene of the accident and complete an accident report. For legal claims to be brought in court against a negligent party an accident report must be completed by the local law enforcement agency and filed with the Alabama State Police Department. The accident report may also be used in court as evidence of the accident.

  • Exchange information with the other driver(s)

Law enforcement will generally provide for the exchange of information between drivers involved in an accident but Alabama law (Alabama Code Section 32-10-2) requires that in the event of a car accident, the driver give his name, address, and the registration number of the vehicle he is driving, shall upon request exhibit his driver’s license to the person struck or the driver or occupant of or person attending any motor or other vehicle collided with or damaged and shall render to any person injured in such accident reasonable assistance, including the transportation of, or the making of arrangements for the transportation of such person to a physician or hospital for medical or surgical treatment, if it is apparent that such treatment is necessary or if such transportation is requested by the injured person.

  • Notify Your Insurance Carrier

Alabama law requires that you must notify your insurance carrier when you have been involved in an accident or they may not have to pay your insurance claim.

  • Make Notes About the Accident and Keep Important Records

In the event of an accident it is important to document the details of what occurred including the names of the police officers who took the accident report, the names of those involved in the accident, traffic conditions, weather conditions, statements made by individuals at the scene, location information, and information about any video cameras that may have recorded the accident. Keep a record of any bills paid for medical treatment, car repairs, or other related expenses and any paperwork you may receive from insurance companies.  The more detailed your notes are the easier it will be later when you need to produce this information for litigation purposes.

  • Contact Guntersville Law, LLC

Call us to set up your free consultation and speak to an attorney who will be able to help you deal with the insurance companies and other parties to protect your interests and get you the help you need during this difficult time.

Please call us and schedule a free consultation 256-571-1529.

While we would love to help anyone in Alabama, we specifically focus on serving Marshall and Etowah Counties including the cities of Albertville, Altoona, Arab, Attalla, Boaz, Douglas, Gadsden, Glencoe, Grant, Guntersville, Hokes Bluff, Mountainboro, Rainbow City, Reece City, Ridgeville, Sardis, Snead, Southside, Union Grove, and Walnut Grove.


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Contact us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!

Click ENTER to chat